Modern Constructivism

Related image


I want a classroom like Mrs. Dalh's, where the students engage with each other, engage in their learning, and embrace uniqueness and creativity. I don't want a classroom where students can't or aren't allowed to talk, work with each other, or welcome their own selves. I want my students to have confidence in their learning, their ability to learn and promote willingness to engage. 


In the classroom I observe in, I watch as my teacher continuously creates a class where the students are interacting and engaging with their own learning. This is the type of classroom I love, and hope to have in my own classroom. It is a type of classroom where the students work together, with the teacher, to create a learning environment that encourages individuality, creativity, and initiative. 

At Maple Mountain High School, in Mapleton, I watch as Mrs. Dahl helps her students learn through having a constructivism class. 

Each class in Creative Writing, revolves around Project-Based Learning, by giving them a topic/subject to write on, and helping them create their paper through different learning models. Jigsaw activities, help students work with each other, teach each other, and learn from one another, by directions from Mrs. Dahl. 

Image result for students working together clip artInquiry-based classroom set up is seen in her English 11 class, where she doesn't tell them the answers to questions, she throws those questions back to her students and asks them to figure it out. Asks them to work out their questions and learn from their own questions. Only after they've tried to figure it out for themselves, does she clarify to ensure they're on the right track. 


Comments

Popular Posts